Communication is the exchange of information between two or more people serving a purpose. Although this is a simple definition, we have to take into consideration the various types of communication and that at any time more than one may occur.
The basic steps of communication are the forming of communicative intent, the message composition, the message encoding and transmission of signal, the reception of signal, the message decoding and finally the interpretation of the message by the recipient.
Human communication is unique and usually is a blended mix of verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Identify your personal communication style
- Learn the basic skills of communication and how to comply with an organization’s culture and adopt in an efficient manner
- Identify your strong features in communication and strengthen those that need to be developed in order to be a successful professional
Participants will acquire a better awareness of their communication style and the points in their communication process that need to be developed, as they will be able to:
- Identify all steps of the communication process and the potential barriers for an effective communication
- Have a thorough understanding of all types of communication (verbal, written, and non-verbal)
- Become more flexible in identifying the intentions of the other party response
- Learn how to use professional jargon effectively
- manage the different approaches between how we speak and how we write according to the occasion’s demands
- apply business etiquette whenever needed
- understand cultural differences and avoid body language that can be offensive in other cultures
- apply respect in all types of communication